May 7, 2012 in Crochet
Last Saturday I talked about amigurumi and how I can’t finish projects with multiple pieces to save my life. Well, no more! I have finished the amigurumi cupcake in record time (about 3 evenings) and it is complete with base, frosting, glaze with a swirl on it, raspberry, polyfill, safety eyes, and embroidered mouth. Aw yeah.
The pattern itself seemed to be pretty well written, though the book itself falls a bit short in some areas. I don’t need my hand held all the way through the pattern, but it would be nice to see pointers on how to use the safety eyes, tips on placement of the eyes, etc. I found myself running short on yarn that I was using to sew because it didn’t really mention how long to leave the ends, but I managed. And lastly, the instructions for an adjustable ring were not at all what I would call the adjustable ring.
That being said, I might go ahead and make the doughnut sometime in the near future, before these new balls of yarn get added to my mystery stash and get lost in the great yarnie bins. More stash is the last thing I need!